Monday, May 5, 2008

Holy Sprouts!!

I have figured out that the best way to germinate seeds is to forget about them. This may not work for everyone, but for me I have been very successful with it!!

When I checked my incubators ( Click here for more information on my incubators) I noticed lots of green inside of them. Since my incubators are numbered I had to run in the house and get my legend.

Once I deciphered the numbers into which seeds they were I began to transplant them into pots. Here are the pictures:

The first 3 pictures are of Bambusa ventricosa or Buddah Belly Bamboo. This is one of my favorite Bamboo's. You can click here for more information and why I am fond of this Bamboo!!

The following 3 pictures are of Ravenala madagascariensis or Travellers Palm Tree. These are beautiful trees that resemble Birds of Paradise. If you want more information on the Travellers Palm click here.


The next 4 pictures are of Pheonix canariensis or Canary Date Palm. I have picked these seeds from a Hybrid Canary Date Palm. Click here to link back to my post on 14 sprouts!!!

The final picture is of all my new sprouts in a row!! It was a very exciting day!! I hope you enjoyed the pictures!!












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How satisfying. I want a Buddha Belly Bamboo just to I can have delight in saying its name. I havent heard of it before so I wonder if its not grown in the UK

Lets Plant said...

The name attracts me to Helen. I do not know if you can grow it in the UK. Did you see the picture of when it is all grown up?