Wednesday, May 14, 2008














I just can't seem to push myself to do it. Weed that is, I do not see the big deal. Frankly I think they are some of the most interesting plants. I have so many different kinds of weeds in my yard that if I tried I couldn't rid myself of them anyway. So, this raises the question To Weed or Not To Weed?

I am posting some pictures of the weeds that are in my yard. They are all in bloom and have beautiful little flowers on them. All different shapes and colors!!

What would you do if these weeds grew in your yard??

6 comments:

Kristi said...

My weeds look more like grass. To me these are more like wildflowers.

Anonymous said...

A weed is just a plant in the wrong place!

Anonymous said...

Very Well said Helen!

tina said...

I would weed them. Sorry! Grass only in the lawn, flowers (weeds or not) in the garden.

Anonymous said...

Nice photos, interesting website. I like the music.
The first 5 or so photos with the lavendar flower; I don't recognize, but it looks like they could be in the petunia family.
And, I think photos 6,7, 11,12, and 13 are all varieties of ironweed (Vernonia sp.)or maybe the tasselflower (Emilia sp).
You should pull up the plant with the yellow flower, Wedelia trilobata. It is an exotic invasive that will spread. It is taking over in natural areas of the state. GET RID OF IT (in the trash - don't compost it or you'll get more).
The flower, white with yellow centers are in the Aster family, common name fleabane.
Enjoy.

Lets Plant said...

Thank you very much!! You were very helpful too many dogs!!