Tuesday, May 20, 2008

RAIN RAIN COME AGAIN!!






Finally we are getting some rain around here!! It rained yesterday too. We need this rain alot here due to all of the fires we have throughout the state. Now the Everglades are on fire. It is getting out of hand and the rain should be a huge help to all of the dedicated Fire Fighters that are out there risking it all to stop these horrendous fires. I sure hope it continues to rain for a few more days. They can use all the help they can get!! Besides, we need a good soaking here, the ground is very dry and we have water restrictions so needless to say the grass isn't much to look at these days.

I was so excited to have another day of rain that I ran outside during a break in the rain and snapped a few shots for you to enjoy!! The last two pictures are of my Williams Hybrid Banana leaf and my Variegated Pink Lemon Tree bud!! Here they are, Have a Great Day!!

4 comments:

walk2write said...

I agree, we could use some more rain here in northwest Florida too. Plenty of dew but no precipitation. I worry when it gets this dry and the wind whips up because my son lives in an area with lots of pines surrounding and in his yard. You know how those trees can spread a fire. They are like torches. Do you get pink lemonade from your pink lemons? :>)

Anonymous said...

I pray that the rain continues, so more people don't have to suffer due to the fires. Floridians have some of the most beautiful sunsets. I love the picture of the Palm. It looks lovely the way the light hits it.

Lets Plant said...

I havn't had any pink lemons yet, but very soon hopefully!! Those Pines are just like torches, very dangerous to have near the house. I used to live in a place that was nothing but Pine Trees. The raking was a huge pain too!! Thank you for the picture comments too!!

Anonymous said...

Lucky you!!!